nama5 ThumbsUp! 0.9.8b
nama5 ThumbsUp! is simple plug-in for Microsoft Windows® which allows you to preview your RAW photos when browsing in Explorer. It extracts low-resolution embedded image from RAW file and display it in “Thumbnail” view of Explorer what simplifies searching in your photos.
Thumbnail view in a directory with RAW images.
|Wide RAW format support
|Essential EXIF info visible in Explorer
(ISO, aperture, shutter, focal length, flash)
|Extraction of embedded preview in RAW file into clipboard or separated JPEG file|
Compatibilitynama5 ThumbsUp! is based on 32-bit platform and thus it is available just for Windows XP® and Vista®. Under 64-bit versions of XP and Vista you can use our plug-in with 32-bit version of Explorer which is still available in these operating systems (shortcut to access the 32-bit Explorer is automatically made on your desktop in this case). We would like to fully upgrade to 64-bit platform with nama5 ThumbsUp! version 1.0.
Licensenama5 ThumbsUp! is freeware.
Changelog (version 0.9.8b, 2012-02-21)
- new RAW formats included: .raf (Fuji) and .srw (Samsung)
- essential EXIF info right on thumbnails (optional)
- character in the left-top corner represents objective used according to focal lenght:
W = wide (f < 40 mm), N = normal (40 ≤ f ≤ 60 mm), t = short-tele (60 < f ≤ 100 mm), T = tele (f > 100 mm)
- star in the right-top corner represents flash used
- ISO speed, relative aperature f-ratio and shutter speed in fraction of second are at the bottom of thumbnail
- new option in shell context menu for copying JPEG preview right into clipboard
- "extract JPEG preview(s)" option improved for multi-select operation
- "extract EXIF info" was removed due to instabilities (we recommend you PhotoMe as a substitute)
- more options available in installer
- association with JPEG files was disabled due to many bugs
- EXIF info not longer available for older Canon format (.crw)